The Bulldogs got a huge victory at home over the Mighty Oaks, 98-53. Butler put Oakland City away by halftime, up 42-18, and the final margin was just as brutal.
Butler dominated Oakland City in rebounding and three pointers. Butler pushed hard and won the rebounding battle with 58 rebounds to only 29 by Oakland City. Butler shelled Oakland City with threes for the win, 45 points to nine points for Oakland City. Butler had one of its better games in points with 98 for the game compared to its 67 season average.
Andy Smeathers led all scoring for the Bulldogs with 17 points on 71% shooting in 10 minutes, including 15 points in threes.
Andrew Smith added a game-high 12 rebounds.
The Bulldogs are 4-3 early in the season.
Next up is Valparaiso at home on December 3rd.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 7 games this season.
- Andrew Smith tallied a team season high in rebounds with 12 and offensive rebounds with 6.
- Kameron Woods recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks, total points, three point percentage, assists, three pointers, field goals made, and rebounds.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:12 left to go.
Oakland City Game Notes:
- Maurice Fuller accounted for 37.7% of the team's points.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, OakCty has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Andy Smeathers
, Andrew Smith